HP Z1 Workstation
HP Z1 Workstation
Without the tower.
Introducing the HP Z1, the world’s first all-in-one workstation with a 68.6 cm (27") display that snaps open to let you swap out parts and make upgrades. No tools required.1Learn More
No compromises were made on the Z1 — it combines the capabilities of a workstation with the elegance of an all-in-one to meet the demanding visualization and computing needs of our customers.
- Form Factor
- All-in-one (Dimensions with stand)
Height23.0 inches (58.42 cm)Width26.0 inches (66.04 cm)Depth16.5 inches (41.91 cm)
- Available Operating Systems**
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 Professional 32-Bit OS
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit OS
- Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 32-Bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit
- HP Linux Installer Kit8
- SUSE Linux Ent Desktop 11 China OS
- SUSE Linux Ent Desktop 11 WW OS
- SUSE Linux Ent Desktop 11 BRI OS
- Processors & Chipset2, 3, 9, 10, 11
- Intel® Core™ i3-2120, 3.33 GHz, 3MB cache, 2 cores, 65W, Intel HD graphics 20000
- Intel® Xeon® E3-1245, 3.3 GHz, 8MB cache, 4 cores, 95W, Intel HD Graphics P3000
- Intel Xeon E3-1280, 3.5 GHz, 8MB cache, 4 cores, 95W
- Intel C206 Chipset
- Memory12, 13
- Four memory slots. Up to 32 GB, DDR3 ECC/ 8 GB DDR3 nECC, 1600MHz
- Available Graphics (DUAL GRAPHICS ON SELECTED CARDS)
- Integrated Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 2000, Intel HD Graphics P3000
- Entry 3D: NVIDIA Q500M Graphics
- Midrange 3D: NVIDIA Q1000M Graphics, NVIDIA Q3000M Graphics
- High-end 3D: NVIDIA Q4000M Graphics
- Storage14, 15
- SATA 7200 3.5-in. drives: 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB
- SATA 10K 2.5-in. Drives: 300GB, 600GB
- SATA Solid State Drives: 160GB, 300GB
2 USB 3.0, 1 IEEE 1394a, Mic, Headphone, 6-in-1 Media Card Reader
4 USB 2.0, RJ-45 Gb-LAN, Line-In, Line-Out, Display Port In/Out, SPDIF, Subwoofer
5 USB 2.0
- Optical Storage
- DVD +/- RW Super-Multi Slot-Load6 or Blu-ray Writer Slot-Load16
- Power supply
- 400W, 90% Efficient
- Expansion (slots and bays)
- 4 slots: 1 PCIe x16 full, 3 miniPCIe
- Up to 2 internal 2.5-in. HDDs
- Up to 1 internal 3.5-in. HDD
- SRS Premium Sound, Dual-cone front-facing stereo speakers
- HD 1080p 2.0 megapixel webcam
- Display support
- Supports up to one external display via display port
- Display (SCREEN SIZE DIAGONALLY MEASURED)
- 27-inch, 2560x1440 pixel, diagonal LED-backlit IPS display (support for up to 1.07 billion colors4)
- Compatible Secondary Displays
- HP DreamColor LP2480zx Professional Display
- HP ZR30w 30-inch S-IPS LCD Monitor
- HP ZR2740w 27-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor
- HP ZR2440w 24-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor
- HP ZR24w 24-inch S-IPS LCD Monitor
- HP ZR2240w 21.5-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor
- HP ZR2040w 20-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor
- Network17, 18
- Intel Gb LAN
- 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless LAN
- Bluetooth 2.1, 2.1+EDR, 3.0 and 3.0+HS
- Limited three-year Mon-Fri 8-5 next business day, parts, labor and 24x7 phone support, terms and conditions may vary.
- Keyboards and Mice
- HP Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
- HP USB Optical Mouse
- HP USB 1000dpi Laser Mouse
- HP USB Keyboard
- HP USB Optical 3-Button Mouse (AMO)
Ultrabook, Celeron, Celeron Inside, Core Inside, Intel, Intel Logo, Intel Atom, Intel Atom Inside, Intel Core, Intel Inside, Intel Inside Logo, Intel vPro, Itanium, Itanium Inside, Pentium, Pentium Inside, vPro Inside, Xeon, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
* Prices, specifications, availability and terms of offers may change without notice.
** Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ for details.
Select screen images courtesy of Autodesk, Local Motors, Inc and Spracher Engineering. Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, Core Inside, and Ultrabook are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. ENERGY STAR is a US registered mark of the United States Environmental Protection Agency. AMD is a trademark of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
- The Power Supply, Graphics Card, Hard Drives, Optical Drive, System Cooling Blower and Memory can all be accessed, and removed without tools. Tools may be required for all other components.
- Dual-, quad-, and six-core technologies are designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefits; check with software provider to determine suitability; Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of these technologies.
- Intel's numbering is not a measurement of higher performance.
- 1.07 billion viewable colors through A-FRC technology.
- Limited three-year Mon-Fri 8-5 next business day, parts, labor and 24x7 phone support, terms and conditions may vary standard on Z1. HP Care Pack Services extend service contracts beyond the standard warranties. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. To choose the right level of service for your HP product, use the HP Care Pack Services Lookup Tool at http://www.hp.com/go/lookuptool. Additional HP Care Pack Services information by product is available at http://www.hp.com/carepacks. Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location.
- As Blu-ray is a new format containing new technologies, certain disc, digital connection, compatibility and/or performance issues may arise, and do not constitute defects in the product. Flawless playback on all systems is not guaranteed. In order for some Blu-ray titles to play, they may require a DVI or HDMI digital connection and your display may require HDCP support. HD DVD movies cannot be played on this workstation.
- All specifications represent the typical specifications provided by HP's component manufacturers; actual performance may vary either higher or lower.
- Linux available 2nd calendar quarter 2012 (CQ2'12)
- 64-bit computing on Intel architecture requires a computer system with a processor, chipset, BIOS, operating system, device drivers and applications enabled for Intel® 64 architecture. Processors will not operate (including 32-bit operation) without an Intel 64 architecture-enabled BIOS. Performance will vary depending on your hardware and software configurations. See http://www.intel.com/info/em64t for more information.
- The hyper-threading feature is designed to improve performance of multi-threaded software products; please contact your software provider to determine software compatibility. Not all customers or software applications will benefit from the use of hyperthreading. Go to http://www.intel.com/info/hyperthreading for more information, including which processors support HT Technology.
- Intel® Turbo Boost technology requires a PC with a processor with Intel Turbo Boost capability. Intel Turbo Boost performance varies depending on hardware, software, and overall system configuration. See http://www.intel.com/technology/turboboost for more information.
- Each processor supports up to 2 channels of DDR3 memory. To realize full performance at least 1 DIMM must be inserted into each channel.
- Intel® Xeon E3, Intel Core i3 and Intel Pentium processors can support either ECC or non-ECC memory. Intel Core i5/i7 processors only support non-ECC memory.
- SATA hardware RAID is not supported on Linux systems. The Linux kernel, with built-in software RAID, provides excellent functionality and performance. It is a good alternative to hardware-based RAID. Please visit http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00060684/c00060684.pdf for RAID capabilities with Linux.
- For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. TB = 1 trillion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 8 GB of hard drive (or system disk) is reserved for the system recovery software for Windows XP and XP Pro, up to 12 GB for Windows Vista, and up to 20 GB for Windows 7.
- Actual speeds may vary. Does not permit copying of commercially available DVD movies or other copyright protected materials. Intended for creation and storage of your original material and other lawful uses. Note that DVD-RAM cannot read or write to 2.6GB Single Sided/5.2 GB Double Sided – Version 1.0 media.
- Wireless use requires separately purchased service contract. Check with your local vendor for coverage area and availability in your area. Connection and speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors.
- Wireless access point and Internet service required. Availability of public wireless access points limited.