HP EliteBook 8760w Mobile Workstation
HP Z820 Workstation
for Ultimate Projects
Built for high-end computing and visualization. The dual-processor HP Z820 Workstation delivers outstanding performance, award-winning industrial design, and tool-free serviceability in the industry's most expandable chassis. With next generation Intel® Xeon® processors, support for up to 16 processing cores, and the latest professional graphics, you'll tackle even the most demanding projects like never before.Learn more
HP teams with leading software partners, giving your business the professional edge it needs — in engineering, architecture, media and entertainment, healthcare and other specialized business segments.
The Right Card For The Job
With support for any professional application, HP tested unified graphics drivers, and hardware accelerated OpenGL for unmatched 3D performance, professional graphics cards are built to work as hard as you do. Featuring optimized thermal and power design, application certification, and a full three-year warranty, our professional graphics cards provide the same stability, reliability and support as our workstations.
NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics
Offering true workstation-class application performance, support for up to 8 displays and robust OpenGL support, NVIDIA graphics are fully certified and optimized with industry-leading applications from AutoDesk, Solidworks, Adobe and many others for enhanced performance and reliability. The HP Z820 currently supports a wide variety of NVIDIA cards and will support the next generation PCIe Gen3 graphics card from NVIDIA upon release. And for your truly intensive GPU computing needs, the HP Z820 supports dual NVIDIA Tesla C2075 cards as part of NVIDIA’s Maximus solution to deliver incredible productivity right to your desktop.
NVIDIA Tesla C2075
Ultra HIGH-END 3D
NVIDIA Quadro 6000
NVIDIA Quadro 5000
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
NVIDIA Quadro 600
Boost productivity with the serious power and performance of AMD FirePro™ professional graphics cards for the HP Z820 Workstation. Featuring extensive application certifications, support for up to 8 independent displays, and HP qualified professional graphics drivers with full OpenGL and DirectX support, AMD FirePro™ cards are specifically built for outstanding performance. To maximize graphics performance, the HP Z820 is ready to support the next generation PCIe Gen3 graphics cards from AMD when they become available.
HIGH END 3D
AMD FirePro™ V7900
AMD FirePro™ V5900
AMD FirePro™ V4900
AMD FirePro™ V3900
AMD FirePro™ 2270
Complete peace of mind
All HP Workstation graphics cards come with a limited 3-year warranty that is extendable up to 5 years.5
Get the support you need from HP and our graphics vendors to keep your workstation running at peak performance.
Professional graphics cards are optimized and certified for industry-leading professional applications.
Whole-system engineering allows the processor, memory, graphics, operating system and applications to work together seamlessly to deliver maximum performance.
Significant 3ds Max Performance Improvement
Autodesk 3ds Max 9 Results HP Z800 vs HP Z820
This chart compares an HP Z820 Workstation running an Intel® Xeon® E5-2687W 3.10Ghz eight-core processor to an HP Z800 running an Intel® Xeon® X5690 3.46 GHz six-core processor.3,4,5 All systems are running the Microsoft® Windows® 7 64-bit operating system. Testing is based on SPECapc benchmark.
Up to 80% ANSYS 14.0 Performance improvement
ANSYS 14.0 DMP HP Z800 vs HP Z820
This chart compares an HP Z820 Workstation running an Intel® Xeon® E5-2680 2.70 Ghz eight-core processor to an HP Z800 running an Intel® Xeon® X5690 3.46 GHz six-core processor.3,4,5 All systems are running the Microsoft® Windows® 7 64-bit operating system.
Up to 29% More Autodesk® Maya Performance
Autodesk Maya 2009 HP Z800 vs HP Z820
This chart compares an HP Z820 Workstation running an Intel® Xeon® E5-2643 3.30Ghz quad-core processor to an HP Z800 running an Intel® Xeon® X5647 2.93 GHz six-core processor.3,4,5 All systems are running the Microsoft® Windows® 7 64-bit operating system. Testing is based on SPECapc benchmark.
- Form Factor
- Rackable minitower
- Available Operating Systems
- Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 32-Bit
- Genuine Windows® 7 Professional 64-bit
- HP Linux Installer Kit**
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11**
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop/Workstation (1 year paper license; no preinstalled OS)**
- Available Processors6,7,8
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2687, 3.1 GHz, 20 MB cache, 1600 MHz memory, Eight-core
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2690, 2.9 GHz, 20 MB cache, 1600 MHz memory, Eight-core
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2680, 2.7 GHz, 20 MB cache, 1600 MHz memory, Eight-core
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2670, 2.6 GHz, 20 MB cache, 1600 MHz memory, Eight-core
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2667, 2.9 GHz, 15 MB cache, 1600 MHz memory, Six-core
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2665, 2.4 GHz, 20 MB cache, 1600 MHz memory, Eight-core
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2660, 2.2 GHz, 20 MB cache, 1600 MHz memory, Eight-core
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2650, 2 GHz, 20 MB cache, 1600 MHz memory, Eight-core
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2643, 3.3 GHz, 10 MB cache, 1600 MHz memory, Quad-core
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2640, 2.5 GHz, 15 MB cache, 1333 MHz memory, Six-core
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2630, 2.3 GHz, 15 MB cache, 1333 MHz memory, Six-core
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2620, 2 GHz, 15 MB cache, 1333 MHz memory, Six-core
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2609, 2.4 GHz, 10 MB cache, 1066 MHz memory, Quad-core
- Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2603, 1.8 GHz, 10 MB cache, 1066 MHz memory, Quad-core
- Intel® C602 Chipset
- 16 DIMM slots, up to 512 GB, 8-channel ECC DDR3 1600 MHz, 4 channels per CPU
- Drive Controllers
- Integrated 2-channel SATA 6 Gb/s controller, RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 capable; Integrated 4-channel SATA 3 Gb/s controller, RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 capable; Integrated 8-channel SAS 6 Gb/s controller, RAID 0, 1, 10 capable; Optional LSI 9260-8i 8-port 6 Gb/s SAS HW RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 capable
- Up to (5) 3.5-inch 7200 rpm SATA drives: 250, 500 GB, 1, 2 TB, up to (4) 3 TB, 14 TB max
- Up to (6) 2.5-inch 10K rpm SAS drives: 300, 600 GB SFF, 3.6 TB max
- Up to (5) 3.5-inch 15K rpm SAS drives: 300, 450, 600 GB, 3 TB max
- Up to (6) 2.5-inch SATA solid state drives: 128, 160, 256, 300 GB, 1.8 TB max
- Optical Storage12,13
- DVD-ROM, DVD+/-RW Super-Multi and Slot-Load, Blu-ray Writer
- Drive Bays
- 3 external 5.25-inch bays
- 4 internal 3.5-inch bays
- Expansion Slots
- 3 PCI Express Gen3 x16
- 1 PCI Express Gen3 x16 mechanical/x8 electrical
- 1 PCI Express Gen3 x8 mechanical/x4 electrical
- 1 PCI Express Gen2 x8 mechanical/x4 electrical
- 1 Legacy PCI
- Available Graphics
- Professional 2D: NVIDIA NVS 310 (available soon), NVIDIA NVS 300, AMD FireProTM 2270
- Entry 3D: NVIDIA Quadro 410 (available soon), ATI FireProTM V3900, NVIDIA Quadro 600, ATI FireProTM V4900
- Mid-range 3D: NVIDIA Quadro 2000, AMD FireProTM V5900
- High-end 3D: NVIDIA Quadro 4000, AMD FireProTM V7900, NVIDIA Quadro 5000, NVIDIA Quadro 6000, NVIDIA Tesla C2075
- Integrated Intel/Realtek HD ALC262 Audio, optional HP Thin USB Powered Speakers
- Dual integrated Intel 82579LM PCIe GbE Controller
- Infineon TPM 1.2 Controller
- Optional Broadcom NIC
- Optional Intel NIC
- Front: 2 USB 3.0, 1 USB 2.0, 1 IEEE 1394a standard, 1 microphone in, 1 headphone out, HP 22-in-1 Media Card Reader (optional)
- Rear: 2 USB 3.0, 4 USB 2.0, 1 IEEE 1394a, 1 audio in, 1 audio out, 1 microphone in, 2 PS/2, 2 RJ-45 to integrated Gigabit LAN, 1 serial
- Internal: 6 USB 2.0 ports available by three 2x5 headers
- Input Devices
- PS/2 standard keyboard
- USB standard keyboard
- USB Smart Card Keyboard
- PS/2 optical scroll mouse
- USB 2-button optical scroll mouse
- USB 3-button optical mouse
- USB SpaceExplorer
- USB SpacePilot
- USB Laser Scroll Mouse
- Dimensions (H x W x D)
- (H x W x D) 17.5 x 8.0 x 20.7 in (44.4 x 20.3 x 52.5 cm)
- Power Supply
- 850W 88% Efficient wide-ranging, active Power Factor Correction or 1125W 90% Efficient wide-ranging, active Power Factor Correction
- Compatible Displays (screen size diagonally measured)
- HP DreamColor LP2480zx Professional Display (24-inch diagonal widescreen)
- HP ZR30w 30-inch S-IPS LCD Monitor
- HP ZR2740w 27-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor
- HP ZR2440w 24-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor
- HP ZR24w 24-inch S-IPS LCD Monitor
- HP LP2475w 24-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor
- HP ZR2240w 21.5-inch LED Backlit IPS Monitor
- HP ZR22w 21.5-inch S-IPS LCD Monitor
- Limited three-year Mon-Fri 8-5 next business day, parts, labor and 24x7 phone support, terms and conditions may vary.
Not all features are available in all editions of Windows 8. Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware to take full advantage of Windows 8 functionality. See http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ for details.
* Prices, specifications, availability and terms of offers may change without notice.
1. Configurations of HP Z820 Workstation where SAS 3 1/3” HDD, Creative Auto Card, Removable HDD Carrier and Frame, and/or Broadcom NIC are not selected are brominated flame retardant and polyvinyl chloride free (BFR/PVC-free); meeting the evolving definition of “BFR/PVC-free” as set forth in the “iNEMI Position Statement on the ‘Definition of Low-Halogen Electronics (BFR/CFR/PVC-Free).” Plastic parts contain < 1,000 ppm (0.1 percent) of bromine (if the Br source is from BFRs) and < 1,000 ppm (0.1 percent) of chlorine (if the Cl source is from CFRs or PVC or PVC copolymers). All printed circuit board (PCB) and substrate laminates contain bromine/chlorine total < 1,500 ppm (0.15 percent) with maximum chlorine of 900 ppm (0.09 percent). External peripherals, connectors and cords/cables are not BFR/PVC free.
2. Limited three-year Mon-Fri 8-5 next business day, parts, labor and 24x7 phone support, terms and conditions may vary standard on Z1. HP Care Pack Services extend service contracts beyond the standard warranties. Service starts from date of hardware purchase. To choose the right level of service for your HP product, use the HP Care Pack Services Lookup Tool at http://www.hp.com/go/lookuptool. Additional HP Care Pack Services information by product is available at http://www.hp.eu/carepacks. Service levels and response times for HP Care Packs may vary depending on your geographic location.
© Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Core, Core Inside, and Ultrabook are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.